Make a promise to help end violence against women. Here are some examples to get you started:
“I promise to… ”
- Teach kids who look up to me that strong men respect women—and walk the talk.
- Challenge friends or internet commenters who disrespect women or girls.
- Interrupt violence by causing a distraction or finding an excuse to ring the doorbell.
- Push for anti-harassment trainings and policies at my job.
- Treat all friends and coworkers with equal respect, no matter their gender identity or beliefs.
- Stop and do my best to assist when I see someone who needs help in my community.
- Respect the women in my household.
- Share on my social networks in support of the safety of women.
- Donate money, skills, or other assets to those working for women’s safety.
- Educate myself about the impact of violence against women.
- Support political candidates committed to women’s rights and equality.
- Stand by women who share their encounters with violence.
Share your promise through social media and ask others to make theirs:
Other fun things you can do:
- E-mail us for free stickers to put up around your neighborhood!
- Watch and share our videos asking men to stand up against violence against women.
- Download the One million men. One million promises logo and make it your Facebook profile photo or make our banner your cover photo.
- Sign up for updates on the Ring the Bell campaign.